Skip to main content

Chicken en Papilotte with Orange Veg



Chicken breasts are a great stand-by for dinners during the week; both my fiancé and I like them, they are quick to cook, pretty healthy and you can do a lot of different things with them. I found this recipe for spiced baked chicken parcels – chicken en papilotte – on Serious Eats, and decided to make my own variation on it.
 
I already had za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice, I’d bought when we had the letter Z for Alphabakes, but I don’t like to eat peppers or tomatoes so instead decided to use a little bit of pepper and a portion of spiralized butternut squash. A squash is really easy to spiralize if you have a robust enough machine (mine is the Lurch one from Lakeland that you can buy on Amazon here:

 
 
I tossed the chicken breast, which I had butterflied out, with the spices, oil and herbs and then placed it on a square of foil with the peppers, onion, spring onion and butternut squash on top. I wrapped up the parcel and baked it in the oven; it only took 20 minutes as I had sliced the chicken relatively thin. When you unwrap the parcel you have a very tasty meal, which can be served with extra veg or perhaps with new or mashed potatoes for a more substantial dinner.



 

Popular posts from this blog

AA59-00741A For Samsung TV Remote Control HDTV LED Smart TV AA59 00741A Universal Controller

Price: Description:This is an innovative keyboard remote controller for Samsung Smart TV. Easy to grip,small and compact size,it can fit with various brand models for Samsung. Features:1. TV remote control AA59-00741A can compatible with most of its LCD,LED or plasma TVs under the brand for Samsung.2. No programming or set up required.3. Dedicated menu navigation […] The post AA59-00741A For Samsung TV Remote Control HDTV LED Smart TV AA59 00741A Universal Controller appeared first on Gadgets Village .

Apple Watch ‘Pro’ Rumored to Feature Bigger Display, Body Temperature Sensor

Apple is expected to unveil three new versions of its smartwatch this fall. This includes the new Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 8 and a high-end model, called the Apple Watch “Pro.” The latter will feature a major redesign, longer battery life and a body temperature sensor, among other upgrades, according to a Sunday […] The post Apple Watch ‘Pro’ Rumored to Feature Bigger Display, Body Temperature Sensor appeared first on Gadgets Village .

Vegan Meringue and Pavlova (yes it exists!)

Can you make vegan meringue? Yes you can! I bet you didn’t know that – and I bet you will be surprised by the secret ingredient. I had a barbecue recently and served up this meringue and cream, and waved it under the nose of my vegan friend… not to tease her, but to tell her that I’d made it for her! The meringue doesn’t contain egg and the cream doesn’t contain cream! I am ridiculously excited at having found out about this and have been spreading the word; each time I tell someone the main ingredient in the vegan meringue- and the fact that it looks and tastes great – they are amazed. No, not chickpeas… but the water that is in the tin. It’s called aquafaba and you can read the fascinating story of how people have been looking for egg replacers which work in meringue. It seems to be a relatively recent discovery. The meringue is really easy to make – just the same as a regular meringue, though the aquafaba did seem to need a bit more whisking than egg whites, so I was very glad of m...