Skip to main content

Adobong Okra


Adobong Okra. Okra is one of the Pinoy vegetable that I have noticed that are regularly available here in Darwin both in the supermarkets and produced Sunday and Saturday markets around town. The okra quality is very inviting I was tempted to purchase some without thinking what to cook out of it. Well I did not have trouble what to cook, I decided, why not try adobo using the dark soy sauce that I have recently bought from the Asian section of Woolworth Supermarket.






Adobong Okra is another addition on vegetable adobo in the archives that I have posted, check out the list below should you are looking for other vegetable adobo recipes to cook.



Adobong Asparagus

Adobong Choy Sum

Adobong Bok Choy

Adobong Labong, Bamboo Shoot Adobo

Adobong Kabute

Adobong Sitaw

Adobong Sitaw at Baboy

Adobong Kangkong






Here is the recipe of my version of Adobong Okra.





Ingredients:



250 grams okra, trimmed, cut into half diagonally

1 cup pork belly, cut into strips

1/2 head garlic, peeled, crushed

1 small size onion, peeled, chopped

1/4 cup vinegar

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/2 tsp. peppercorns, crushed

2-3 pcs. bay leaf

cooking oil

salt








Cooking procedure:



In a pan, place the pork and add 1 cup of water bring to a boil and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until pork are tender and all the liquid has evaporated and start to render fat. Add more water as necessary. Shift pork at one side and stir-fry garlic and onion fragrant, stir in the pork. Pour 1/2 cup of water and add in bay leaf, peppercorn, soy sauce and vinegar. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes without stirring. Add in okra and stir cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the okra are just cooked but firm. Correct saltiness if required. Serve hot with a lot of rice.















Source


Popular posts from this blog

AA59-00741A For Samsung TV Remote Control HDTV LED Smart TV AA59 00741A Universal Controller

Price: Description:This is an innovative keyboard remote controller for Samsung Smart TV. Easy to grip,small and compact size,it can fit with various brand models for Samsung. Features:1. TV remote control AA59-00741A can compatible with most of its LCD,LED or plasma TVs under the brand for Samsung.2. No programming or set up required.3. Dedicated menu navigation […] The post AA59-00741A For Samsung TV Remote Control HDTV LED Smart TV AA59 00741A Universal Controller appeared first on Gadgets Village .

Apple Watch ‘Pro’ Rumored to Feature Bigger Display, Body Temperature Sensor

Apple is expected to unveil three new versions of its smartwatch this fall. This includes the new Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 8 and a high-end model, called the Apple Watch “Pro.” The latter will feature a major redesign, longer battery life and a body temperature sensor, among other upgrades, according to a Sunday […] The post Apple Watch ‘Pro’ Rumored to Feature Bigger Display, Body Temperature Sensor appeared first on Gadgets Village .

Vegan Meringue and Pavlova (yes it exists!)

Can you make vegan meringue? Yes you can! I bet you didn’t know that – and I bet you will be surprised by the secret ingredient. I had a barbecue recently and served up this meringue and cream, and waved it under the nose of my vegan friend… not to tease her, but to tell her that I’d made it for her! The meringue doesn’t contain egg and the cream doesn’t contain cream! I am ridiculously excited at having found out about this and have been spreading the word; each time I tell someone the main ingredient in the vegan meringue- and the fact that it looks and tastes great – they are amazed. No, not chickpeas… but the water that is in the tin. It’s called aquafaba and you can read the fascinating story of how people have been looking for egg replacers which work in meringue. It seems to be a relatively recent discovery. The meringue is really easy to make – just the same as a regular meringue, though the aquafaba did seem to need a bit more whisking than egg whites, so I was very glad of m...