Skip to main content

Shoe theme birthday party

Last year I had a birthday party with a shoe theme. I wanted to write a post pulling all the ideas together but have only just gotten around to it. It's a fun theme that could easily be adapted for children or adults - after all, who doesn't have a favourite pair of heels, whether they are Start-Rite pink patents or Manolo Blahniks?



My birthday cake had a shoe theme; I decided to make a two-tier pink polka dot cake with a pair of shoes on top (obviously you could make it in any colour). If I did it again I would make a rectangular cake that looks like a shoe box and put the pair of shoes on top. I made the shoes in a cake decorating class; you can see how I did it here.







I also made some filled chocolates in the shape of shoes and handbags







Finally I made some White Russian cupcakes, using cupcake wrappers with a shoe print. I cut out shoe shapes from fondant using a mini cutter and placed these on top of the cake.







As one of my friends is vegan, I also made some vegan chocolate cupcakes and distinguished them with a green shoe on top using the same cutter.







Shoe cookies would be great for a shoe themed party as well; you can bake simple sugar cookies or shortbread and use a cookie cutter, then either decorate the shoes yourself or get your guests to decorate them when they arrive. This would be good fun as an activity at a children's party, though it could get rather messy, so you should provide your guests with aprons!



Maybe you could also make some choux buns - shoe buns - get it?



Ros from The More Than Occasional Baker came to my birthday party and made these amazing shoe cupcakes. Hop over to her blog and see how she did it!



I also asked my guests to wear their most fabulous and funky shoes and one friend in particular, Sandra, didn't let me down - she arrived in bright red sequinned high heels.



I wanted an activity for my guests to enjoy and came across this shoe quiz online. You can download the questions and print out question and answer sheets, and get the answers by making a small donation to the Multiple Sclerosis society. There are three different quizzes on this website so there is something for everyone. A shoe-themed prize is also a good idea!



If your party is for adults, don't forget the cocktails - how about a Moscow Mule, or a Singapore Sling-back?

Popular posts from this blog

AA59-00741A For Samsung TV Remote Control HDTV LED Smart TV AA59 00741A Universal Controller

Price: Description:This is an innovative keyboard remote controller for Samsung Smart TV. Easy to grip,small and compact size,it can fit with various brand models for Samsung. Features:1. TV remote control AA59-00741A can compatible with most of its LCD,LED or plasma TVs under the brand for Samsung.2. No programming or set up required.3. Dedicated menu navigation […] The post AA59-00741A For Samsung TV Remote Control HDTV LED Smart TV AA59 00741A Universal Controller appeared first on Gadgets Village .

Apple Watch ‘Pro’ Rumored to Feature Bigger Display, Body Temperature Sensor

Apple is expected to unveil three new versions of its smartwatch this fall. This includes the new Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 8 and a high-end model, called the Apple Watch “Pro.” The latter will feature a major redesign, longer battery life and a body temperature sensor, among other upgrades, according to a Sunday […] The post Apple Watch ‘Pro’ Rumored to Feature Bigger Display, Body Temperature Sensor appeared first on Gadgets Village .

Vegan Meringue and Pavlova (yes it exists!)

Can you make vegan meringue? Yes you can! I bet you didn’t know that – and I bet you will be surprised by the secret ingredient. I had a barbecue recently and served up this meringue and cream, and waved it under the nose of my vegan friend… not to tease her, but to tell her that I’d made it for her! The meringue doesn’t contain egg and the cream doesn’t contain cream! I am ridiculously excited at having found out about this and have been spreading the word; each time I tell someone the main ingredient in the vegan meringue- and the fact that it looks and tastes great – they are amazed. No, not chickpeas… but the water that is in the tin. It’s called aquafaba and you can read the fascinating story of how people have been looking for egg replacers which work in meringue. It seems to be a relatively recent discovery. The meringue is really easy to make – just the same as a regular meringue, though the aquafaba did seem to need a bit more whisking than egg whites, so I was very glad of m...